Saturday 27 April 2013

Tips to Stay Positive


There comes a time in everybody's life where things do not go their way. Either it be your parents getting divorce, bad break up, friendship problems etc. Sometimes we let sadness consume our every thought. I believe that "everything happens for a reason" and try to look on the brighter side of things. But there are those times when we can't always be happy and stay positive. Though somehow I have found certain things that can make me happy instantly and help me deal with my issues.

Here are my ways to help me though a tough time:

1) Surround yourself with positive and happy people - these people will lift your mood by making you laugh and creating a happy atmosphere. DO NOT hang out with people that will belittle you or make you feel worse about yourself as that will make the problem worse.

2) Watch a comedy movie - laughing and smiling is one step closer to happiness. Comedies make you laugh and you start to see the happier things about life. DO NOT watch a soppy sad chick flick that you will end up crying because that won't help the situation.

3) Sleep it off - sometimes when I have had a hard and miserable day I decide to take a nap and sleep it off. Then when I wake up I feel revitalised and fresh and everything doesn't seem as before.

4) Distract yourself - I have a made a playlist on iTunes which contains all the songs that make me happy and I stay away from the deep meaningful songs that can draw out other sad emotions.

5) Drink something warm - hot chocolate, coffee, tea etc. are good examples of beverages I drink that warm me up inside and ironically warm my personality and attitude up as well.

6) Eat comfort food - eating the food (e.g. chocolate for me) that you love can instantly make you happy but DO NOT over indulge because that can make you feel sickly and that can cause the complete opposite of feeling better about yourself.

7) Talk to somebody - sometimes speaking to somebody can help you understand the situation more and clear things up. The closer you are to moving on the closer you are to being happy. DO NOT over analyse and over think because that can make things worse.

8) Exercise - letting out your stress or sadness through a physical way can be a great way of clearing the head and feeling better about yourself, emotionally and physically.

9) Doing things you love - reading, surfing, writing, shopping, drawing are just a few examples. Everybody has a hobby or some form of activity that they enjoy to do. This can take you into other world filled with happiness.

10) Think positively - positive thoughts equals positive mind and body.

I hope some of these tips will be able to help you. These are my ways of staying happy and positive therefore it can vary from person to person.

2 comments:

Theme images by Ollustrator. Powered by Blogger.

© Welcome to My Imagination, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena